Saturday, January 16, 2021

We Survived.

This blog post was started in April of 2020 after making literally hundreds and hundreds of masks.  I have no recollection of this, but here it is, me bearing my soul - and here we are 9 months later and not much has changed.  
I just didn't deal with making hundreds of masks well.  

It is rather interesting seeing other people reacting with what I have been dealing with day to day since my ICL diagnosis in 2013... they are flipping out.  I guess my one day is ok... I am still dog paddling... 

My crash last week was wicked; two days of hell, bawling, fussing, crying... it was awful.  If you were a part of it, I am sorry.  If you were not, thank God.

We survived.  I don’t know how he didn’t walk, but he is still here, still reassuring me and still my rock.  I love this man.



I put the masks away.  They scare me.  They remind me that we may be here forever, that we will not ever again be as carefree as we were 3 months ago.  It reminds me that there may never be an end to this or that the end will not be good.  I didn’t need to think about that 24/7 - the masks had to go despite people begging me to make them.




So I gave away my mask making supplies and took a walk around the yard.  The spring flowers reminded me that God is still on control and that I don’t get to choose the path, HE does.

I walked back into my sewing nook and started sewing.  I have pieced 2 baby quilts, sandwiched them and today I will be quilting them!




I scheduled this post to post on Saturday.  I am taking a down day today.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  I plan to sew bowl buddies and one quilt block.  Steve will be working on my truck hopefully.  It is sick.  Not sure what it has but it is sick.  Lol... 

No comments: