Thursday, January 21, 2021

This Girl

Is growing up much too fast. In a few months she will be 18!  Where did he time go?  She has a job at Sonic and loves it.  However she doesn't want to work at Sonic the rest of her life. 


She likes to work, to save money, to skate, to draw, she rides horses, she thought about getting into cosmetology, she has asked her papa about welding, she is helping him rebuild an old motorcycle that her dad gave her so she can ride it.  
She hasn't settled on any one thing though.



And she likes to dress all crazy.  I call her my eccentric kid. She has honestly been that kid all her life.  She loves finding second hand clothes and decking them out.  She has conned granny into several different shenanigan clothing ensembles.  






She will skate, dress cute or act goofy to get more tips.  All those funny head bobbers you can buy she will wear.  She wears big earrings.  She wears patchy jeans.  Her car is not boring - you can sit behind/beside her and read all her bumper stickers.  
One of them says, "Do you follow Jesus this close?"

She is quick witted and somewhat of a smart last, though I don't have a clue where she gets it. You cannot con her though - she is quick.  And funny.  And "gets it" most of the time before you do.



At Christmas she dressed up as Mrs Claus.  If you saw her on the road, you probably did a double take.  She wore my grandmother's glasses and looked like a pretty Mrs Claus. 

Sometimes people think she is being rude when she answers or something she says. They honestly don't know her - she has a heart of gold and high standards. She is very responsible.  She speaks her piece, but heck she grew up being able to do that.  We might very well not have her if she had to hide her feelings.  Our God knew who needed to raise her.  They have done a wonderful job.

I am proud of all of our kids and grandkids.  I just get to see this one.  

Covid has take Aedan away from me (quarantine) and Marcus lives in California.  Raelee... she has always known granny and papa were a moment away so she just kept coming, but keeping her distance from me.  I love that she did.  We have maintained contact with Steph and Todd and occasionally eat at their house or ours.  So far, one year, we have made it work.  How many people haven't' because they have lost touch with the world?  Not because they died of Covid, but they died of loneliness.  

I miss Aedan. I miss my son and daughter-in-law who live 20 miles away, I miss my friends, my OHCE ladies and I miss life before Covid.  Life keeps on twirling though... a lonely life.  I should thank God that we have blogs and internet.  Years ago, our ancestors went through pandemics alone and lost so many of their loved ones.



No comments: