Thursday, January 14, 2021

Getting Ready for Christmas 2021!

I am sewing today.  It’ll be a nice relaxing day.  My friend, Sharon, will be joining me.  We will chat and laugh at our goofs sewing.  We both do a lot of ‘frogging’ (rip-it!). (Started this early today, finished it later)


I made 6 bowl buddies, have 12 bowl buddies halfway made (all cut out) and I will work on getting them finished today.  On my Etsy site, Justa Stitchin Stuff, I sold down to my last 3 this past Christmas!  I am getting a head start this year - I hope a big head start.  I need to figure out how many I need in my stash.  

Another thing that I sold very well was my hot pads.  I need to make more of them as well.  Also, you know those Kleenex soft packs?  I made one to put in my truck and dang it works good.  So awhile back I was on Facebook Marketplace and a lady was selling a lot of the fabric I use for $10.  I snatched it right up.  I need to make some of those to sell - they are awesome!  No more squished boxes of tissues in my truck.  Looks pretty every time we need one.

I have been dieting. I started in September, and am down 23 lbs - and that is over the holidays even!  I am rocking it - on Noom.  It is a great program requiring only 10 minutes of (fun) reading.  Very educational and better than that, it is entertaining.  It seems to be working for me.  Yay!  Go me!  I will be one of those people trying to find someone to cut all my lose skin off if I get to my goal of 140 lbs!  Yeah, right... 

Steve took me to mail a package of $80 worth of loot someone bought yesterday.  After that we went to the drug store to get Tegaderm for my medication patch, then on to the fabric store for size 16 machine needles to sew the rest of the bowl buddies, and further into town to go to the grocery store.  I prefer him to drive - it flat wears me out.  It is nice riding with him, we just chat usually.  Today he was listening to my sick truck though.  Tomorrow he will work on it.

Tomorrow I will work on genealogy with my sister, Liz.  Looking forward to it.  I hope to put some of our genealogy on this site soon.

*****
Today was a good day health wise.  I didn't sleep well last night, because my pain patch hadn't kicked in and my measly half of a pain pill did not come close to shutting down the pain.  I got up and 7, drank some chocolate milk (thank you Cheyenne for telling me Nestle's has gone back to original -YUM!) and took some Advil.  I was able to make the bed, shower, sort some mail and vacuum our bedroom and the runway in the living/dining/kitchen.  I rested just enough when Sharon showed up to sew.  I find sewing relaxing as well, so I was able to rock and roll until 2:30 before crashing. Then we went to run errands.  It is nice to be sitting in my recliner typing, but over all today was a 4 on pain (after 3 Advil) and 6 on chronic fatigue.  Going to bed soon.

*****




No comments: