Friday, January 29, 2021

Crumbs to Blocks

Needless to say, I have lots of fabric scraps.  
Lots.  All different sizes.  
Did I say lots?  

I call them crumbs.
You know, like the leftovers?

Crumbs of leftover fabric from quilts and crafts.  
So I decided to start sewing the crumbs together.



Looking at the block I made from the crumbs, 
I decided it kinda looks like a crazy quilt block.  
And that I actually like it!  

So I trimmed it up and started making some more... 



I like my colors.  I like the blocks. 

The memories flowed from the crumbs of fabric left from Raelee's quilt, from Aedan's quilt, from Marcus's quilt and from Steph's quilt.  There are crumbs left from donated quilts, from our quilts and from stray quilts.  They are crumbs left from baby blankets, pillow cases, bowl buddies, casserole carriers and every other little thing I have ever made - from as far back as the time I was pregnant with Stephenie.  
Yes, I even have fabric that old... 
many years of 'crumbs'.  

Truly scrappy quilts.

I may call them crummy quilts.

The silly blocks made me smile because of the memories of the hours I spent lovingly sewing pieces of fabric back together.  And here I go again - making something of nothing!

Maybe I am crazy, but I enjoy sewing the scraps together.  Is this how they came up with a crazy quilt?  Maybe I should call it a crazy quilt?


Regardless, I think I will keep making them as throw quilts - or even picnic quilts.
What do you think?

This is my thoughtless sewing time, no stress - kind of liberating, in fact.  
I can sit and sew one block together in about 30 relaxing minutes.  
AND I get rid of scraps... or quilt crumbs... and make crazy crummy quilts!

 

No comments: