Tuesday, January 26, 2021

3 Weeks

Sis and I


This is my sister, Liz, and I.  I can't even tell you why we took the picture, but I sure am glad. We do not look alike do we?  😂  I love ya, sis!
 

This picture was just added as interest.  This post will not be interesting to anyone but me.  I am noting it for a referral to my brain fog and struggles  Below is medical. 

**********************

My sinus infection was getting worse again.  It is never, ever gone, but it quells and ebbs.  It was worse.  I had been on one antibiotic for a month, but it obviously was no longer working. Dr had told me when I finished that antibiotic, to go onto another one, once a day, for prophylactic reasons.  Always have to be on an antibiotic.  So every time I have to change antibiotics, I rotate through the only 3 I can take.  The next one was the one he wanted me on prophylactic, so instead of calling him, I just went on it and instead of one a day, I took it like I do when I have an infection - 3 times a day.  And I didn't confer with him.  I just did it.  As a PI patient, you kind of know what to do next.  I was going in to him in 3 days, so I would let him know.  I did, in fact I told him and said to go ahead and fuss me, but that is what I did.  He said, no, I did exactly right, and after one month of it, go down to one a day.

That was on infusion day.  He does a check up each infusion day.  During the infusion he asked how I was doing other than the infection and I told him I had something weird going on.  I am itching in my throat, my ears, my sinuses, and kinda even going into my chest. Did I cough?  Well, yes, but this is the weirdest thing - I cough a few times then sneeze repeatedly from my toes.  Deep deep sneezes - it is crazy.  There was some discussion that it indicated an allergy of some kind, but the only thing here is cedars blowing from Texas.  In my mind, I am thinking, dogs - I need to vacuum.  That was the end of the conversation, I finished my infusion and continued on.

A couple days later, the itching is going through and through my body.  I am going nuts trying to figure it out - continuously running it through my mind... what is making me itch?!?  Dr had told me to take Benadryl and if it got really bad just to take Atarax - the super Benadryl.  I did.  It hadn't helped.  I dusted, I vacuumed, I cleaned.  I itched. From head to toe, I itched.  No new meds, no new foods, no new laundry products.... nothing that I could pinpoint, except I am going insane from the clawing at my entire body. Scratch marks everywhere.  At night, you don't even know what you are doing!

Yesterday I take my morning meds, and was struggling with the itching.  At this point, even my eyes are itching terribly.  Thinking it through again... I remembered having told someone about it... oh, it was Dr.  That was 3 weeks ago today.  And it just had the itching in my head/throat/sinuses and chest.  Now it was through and through.  I am miserable.  Wait.... I started that antibiotic 3 days prior to going to him!  Yes, it is the antibiotic - and damned it - I just took my morning one!

Good grief.  Why can't  I figure this crap out?  Why did it take 3 freaking weeks?  *sigh*

And is it a side effect or an allergy?  Am I down to 2 antibiotics?  Dr again next Monday.  No antibiotics until I see him again.

Brain fog sucks.

No comments: