Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Round Robin Letters

Years ago, our family was spread out all over the United States.  It was before Facebook and texting, so it was difficult to keep  up with everyone.  I decided to start a round robin letter.  I picked a route for it to go on, and started the first letter.  


From south Louisiana to Oklahoma, from Oklahoma to Seattle, from Seattle to where ever Danny was (I don't remember), then from Danny to Florida, From Florida to Alabama and then back to me.  

We would add a letter about what was going on in our lives, notes to each of the others, add pics if we desired and shipped it to the next person in line.  It got to be quite full, so I ended up asking for them to remove their previous letter.  Gosh, what a mistake!  I wish I had the others now.  

Anyway, it actually worked pretty well!  
We kept up with each other and loved reading what was going on in each other's lives.  

A few days ago, I started going through genealogy and lo and behold I found the round robin.  Oh my goodness, the memories!  It was a great "back then" blast.  I read through all the letters and enjoyed reminiscing.  Facebook and texting are ok, but there is something about letters... ya know?


I have mounds of genealogy to sort through.  I want to save it all, but I want to share it and I have no idea how to do that.  Any suggestions would be awesome.   
How do I share the round robin?  

***********************

Today is a damnit day.  My body and I are in a war - it seems to be winning.  
Brain fog from you-know-where, hip and back screaming and fatigue is beyond fatigue.
Fibro, Sjogren's, Lupus and PI seem to be raging a war in my body, but I am absolutely determined not one day will go by without me accomplishing something significant.  
Today it was genealogy.

 

No comments: