Monday, February 15, 2021

Negative 2!!

That is our temp right now!!  

It is freaking cold, the wind chill is in the negative teens - and we have cattle to tend to!

They need extra food, water that isn’t frozen (we have heaters) but these young cattle are cold, tired of fighting it, and the other (in another pasture) cattle are pregnant and due now.  Praying they will wait a week.


This is what I look like heading out to help feed and water them.  Actually, I water (the preggy ones drink about 200 gallons in 12 hours) so it takes me about as long to do water as it does for him to feed.

I need this many layers.  My glasses do come off because they fog.  



Remember, I said that I water?  The hose got away from me and got my jeans wet.  They froze on contact!



Jake?  He is fine.  We have to force him to come in - even with icy paws!  This dog just wants to play in this miserable weather!


I do worry about him and I am ver concerned for our cattle.  I just pray everyone can get through the next 5 days.  As of right now we have been under freezing 165 hours!!  We have been in single digest for 2 days and teens for 4 days.  Ya’ll this is as serious as it has ever been for us.  Pray please for these storms to get on out of here.

****************
My depression is rock bottom, anxiety at an all time high and I have a very bad sinus infection - and every part of my body just hurts.  Lupus probably doesn’t like cold either.  It’ll all work out, but I am trying to keep track for my counselor.  
 

No comments: