Tuesday, February 2, 2021

It’s a Boy!

Our first calf of the season was born yesterday!  Steve went out to feed the cattle and when he does he counts heads.  He double counted and was still one short.  He knew who it was and found her on the dam nursing a newborn.  He went back and as he always does for new momas, he took her food right to her.  She is not a new mom and not aggressive as some are, but it was too dark to see if we had a boy or girl.

This morning he went to check everyone and said there was no doubt it was a boy!  πŸ˜‚   So Daisy has a son.  ❤️

Here he is next to his mom, Daisy is red.


I just love this time of year!  New baby watch!  They are so fun when there are several and they start playing... and head butting each other.

Next week, maybe I won’t like this time of year though - it is supposed to be freezing last cold!  The high one day will be 21!  Brrrr.... on that note, I am diving under the covers for a good night’s rest.  I am super dragging last tired.  I just can’t seem to find any energy.  Night all.

Oh!!  Tomorrow I am getting my first Covid shot!  I am nervous about it, should I be?  πŸ€”

No comments: