Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Unusual Orchids

While at the Botanic Gardens, I took a lot of pictures - surprised aren't you?  Yeah, I know you are... I can't share them all - but I did take some Orchid pictures I would like to share; a few of them unusual.  I have to say, I am working very hard on my photography, concentrating on getting my white balance right and not having to edit my pictures much at all.  It is quite challenging and now it has become a mission to me to do as little editing as possible.  I have some trouble with pinks/reds and sometimes purples, but I am getting much better.  

Take a look:

















Of course some things were not orchids, but definitely just as worthy of a picture:



A couple of my favorites:




You have to understand - this is a huge step for me.  Being a perfectionist, taking picture of part of a flower has never worked for me.  I can't seem to allow myself to do it.  However, I love looking at what other people take - the pieces and parts.  I decided to make the brave step and just do it.  It feels really good - I love how they came out and I don't feel like I am missing something.  Wow! What a breakthrough!  :-)


And this one is for you, Steph:



Love, love the backs of flowers - sometimes they are more worthy that the face of the flower.  Not this time though - both sides were great  :-)

Yesterday, I didn't take my camera, but a friend and I walked about 5 kilometers in East Coast Park - down the length of the beach.  That is about 3 miles - but I think we walked more like 5 miles.  Something is not accurate... my body says more than 3.  We had a great chat while enjoying the sights.  Some days are just great like that, ya know?  I love looking at the world around me.  Shoulda had a camera though, but honestly, it felt nice to be carefree and not worrying about missing a great shot.  Maybe tomorrow I will feel like going back out.  Today I will be recovering  ;-)

2 comments:

Cajunrose said...

Beautiful shots mom. You are doing a great job with photography :)

cajunsis said...

Thanks - this is a real compliment as I admire all of your photography.