Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chili and Pepper Crab - Singapore Style


Last night, we went to eat Chili and Pepper Crab - famous here in Singapore.  I love the (black) Pepper Crab.  These are Japanese crabs - not like the big Alaskan King Crabs (pssst!  I think it was a big Alaskan King crab), but still a pretty nice size.

Steve's favorite is the Chili Crab - once fixed it looks like this:



The Pepper Crab looks like this - well, after we had eaten a bit:


Oh my, it is delicious!


It is quite messy though - especially for some people - take a look:


Gosh, I cannot take the guy anywhere  :-(


He was so bad they had to bring a bib out and put on him!



Actually, I think the waitress was quite embarrassed to have him looking like that.  She tied it on quite nicely - covering his mess.



He barely stopped to let her put the bib on:



And she didn't stop there - she put bibs on all the rest of us as well.  I only have pictures of Steve and Dan - oh. darn.  :-(  Must have forgotten to ask them to get a picture of me and I certainly wasn't taking a picture of people I didn't know... lol...



She got the rest of us covered before we made a mess of ourselves.  Actually, they usually come out right before they bring the crab out and put the bibs on you - but I think she forgot to do that.  She was indeed quite embarrassed that Steve made such a mess on his shirt.


It was a great night out on the beach, I enjoy listening to the guys talking work related stuff.  Yeah, thank goodness for my iTouch... lol... but I sure did eat the crab!

1 comment:

Leone Fabre said...

anything 'messy' just has to be scrumptious!!!

We used to buy King Crabs (big red ones) at our local market and cook them for Saturday lunch ..... the female ones are the ones we look for first as they have more flavour.

But Wikipedia says the King Crabs are not a 'true' crab .... but to me they are a crab, a very yummy and deliciously tasting crab whatever anyone else says!!

must send you a photo of the large 'King' Crabs we used to have for our lunch.