Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lights, Camera... Action!

Looking out the ever famous balcony in the middle of the night, I saw over a dozen spotlights on top of the buildings in the skyline all lit up.  I started to call Steve in from the kitchen but poof!  They were gone  :-(   Each and every single one of them, at the same time - gone in a split second.  As I said, it was in the middle of the night, so I thought I might have been seeing things - but I didn't think so...  When I told Steve and he said, "yeah, yeah... right..."

Tonight, I look out that same window and there they were again!  I nearly broke my neck trying to grab my camera - of course on all the wrong settings, but at least I got picture to prove I was not seeing things:



Every which way I looked, I saw lights:



Pointing every direction:



And just when I thought they had enough - they added more:


I have no idea what the purpose for these lights, but at 12:20am they are still lighting up the sky.  I have proof now, and that is all I needed.  Now I will wait for the "action" part on Singapore National Day - Monday.  How cool is our skyline with over a dozen spotlights?  Can you imagine the bill for 4 hours of this?

Still loving this view!  :-)  Are you envious?  No need to be - that is why I share my pictures  ;-)


5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh Wow! That is gorgeous! Wrong settings or not, I think it is beautiful!

Noelle Reese said...

I think it is all the night watch men amusing themselves. :-) LOL I think it is gorgeous! I love it!

cajunsis said...

I hope I can nail the settings on Monday - I am going to give it my best shot. N, you are probably dead on - the night watchmen amusing themselves - and me too. It was great!

Leone Fabre said...

awesome photos ... crystal clear.

Your settings (whatever they were) are perfect.

now tell me so my pikkies will be good tomorrow night too. :-)

Ann Marie said...

Beautiful photos! Love them. TY for the sweet comment on my blog, too. :-)