Monday, April 18, 2022

My Bestie’s Visit and Easter

My bestie, Sharon, came back from Indiana, where she now lives, for a wedding.  I got to eat lunch with her and spend a few short hours with her.  I absolutely love this woman, she has a heart of gold.  We spent the time catching up on families, and we actually caught one fabric store!  It made me realize just how much I miss her, but I do understand that she, like us, had to do what was best for her family.  Doesn’t make my loss any better, but I need to remember we are just a phone call away!  

I forgot to get a picture, so I pulled up another to share.  ❤️

I was not mentally ready for Easter.  I struggled even pulling it together, but Thursday, I let everyone know that we would be cooking ham.  I bought Stoffer’s Mac and Cheese from the freezer section, peeled sweet tators, added butter and brown sugar, bought pre-made rolls, pre-made pecan pies, and made (!) Aunt June’s apple salad.  Everyone came except Cheyenne, who is in California on vacation, and Raelee who was working.

 Liz got a call from Jessica Saturday that she was in the van, moving her family from Arkansas.  She left everything she owned that didn’t fit in the van in the place she left.  Again.  I don’t understand leaving all your possessions behind, but the rest of this family apparently thinks it is disposable and replaceable, because it is a common occurrence.  

Anyway, she is coming with 2 boys and a boyfriend.  Her 5 year old daughter is riding in a truck wherever her dad has runs.  I guess she comes back to Jessica when he is near.  They are temporarily staying with my sister and it seems to be working well.  He is getting a job soon and the boys are well behaved.  

Anyway, the rest of this story is that all of the family joined us Sunday.  I also called a neighbor who brought her boys over.  We had a full house with KIDS to decorate eggs!  And boy did they come out pretty!


Steph and Todd looked great!



Ari (formerly Aedan) and Jeremy looked great!



My neighbor and her boys had fun:



Jessica looking at her boys:



And here is the whole kit and kaboodle, minus Cheyenne and Raelee. 😒 - and our neighbors.  

Tim, Alex, Jessica, Gavin, Alex (Megan’s significant), Megan, Thomas (Liz’s roommate/friend), Liz, Jeremy, Ari, Jaci, Todd (awww), Stephenie, me and Red.  Inside Colette (Liz’s other roommate) was resting.  Taking pics was Adrianne, with her boys Patrick and Dillon.

It went well.  I enjoyed the entire family, the kids, decorating eggs, and yes, I was exhausted, but not sick exhausted.  We might be able to live on some store bought foods instead of me cooking.  πŸ˜‚

The house was full and I felt so blessed.  Megan, Jaci and Jessica were all here.  There is lots of healing, but we were all smiling and laughing.  Jessica seems like a great mom, is attentive to the children and corrects them with love.  She just needs a to catch a break.  She needs good, solid support; mentally, and financially.  She is strong, and will get it all figured out.  I hope she had found her landing zone.  Liz has enjoyed having them.  

**************************

My PA informed me that I must mourn my old life and leave it behind, otherwise I will be setting myself up for 100% failure.  This is a new beginning.  I have to except I cannot be who I used to be.  My physical limitations are beyond my control.

But, I missed church.  I struggled with that, but there were going to be a lot of people and children because they were having an an Easter Egg hunt.  I saw germs.  I couldn’t make myself go - the risk of getting sick was real.  We did watch it on the website though.  All of it.  ❤️

No comments: