Sunday, April 24, 2022

EEG From H-E-double Toothpicks.

This quilt is FINISHED!!  I haven’t spread it out to take a good pic, but I will soon.  My friend, Claudia, put the binding on for me.  I can’t handle the struggles of doing large bindings.  Thankful she will.



These last 3 days has been hell for me.  I am severely claustrophobic.  So severe that I panic taking off my shirt if I get caught up in it.  I had a dozen electrodes attached to my head with a very thick gritty paste.  Then they taped them down, and finally taped a ‘cap’ of tape over it all.  They attached electrodes to my chest and woes were everywhere.  Finally, they attached all the wires to a heavy ‘purse’ that I had to carry for all 3 days.  When I wasn’t in the bathroom, I also had to have it all attached to a computer pack, which I sat on an office chair to roll around, with a camera filming and facing me.  

Then this:  Techs messaging to have me “press all over my head”, “press the front”, “press the Rt side”, “press the entire head”, “press the main sensor”, “don’t move!”, “I think this unit had the same problems last time”, “plug in”, “press top of head”, “press gently please”, “press hard please”,  “maybe you could just sit for the duration of the test”.  Be sure to write when you eat, when you sleep, when you nap, when you take meds.  “The glue in your hair is the worst part of the test - getting it out!”  “Could you press the front please?” “Not that one, see the green one on the screen?  That one”. (But I can’t tell, there are dozens on my head).


I just have to say, by the time I got to the end of the three days, my anxiety was through the roof.  I had slept as best I could, but rest was slim pickin’s. That camera on me 23 hours was freaky.  All of it together with the messages and calls threw me over the edge.  Seriously.  Then came getting the crap out of my hair!  Finally done, I am left with blister sores all throughout my hair.  Look closely at my temple.  My entire head is sore and bruised - and my ‘normal’ headache is a miserable and a sore headache.



But God is good.  I saw this tonight when I walked out the back door to take the next picture.


      

Praying that this awful test answers some brain power questions.  Never want this test again!


 

No comments: