Thursday, April 14, 2022

Lambs, Fires, Farms and Quilts.

This blog post is purely randomness.

We have found some friends that we have a lot in common with!  They ride motorcycles, they camp, they travel, the guys get along and we girls sew, cut up and laugh.

We sit by the campfires and listen to funny jokes.

And we are traveling to Colorado this summer to ride motorcycles.  ❤️



Mrs Betty, a very dear friend, crochets.  She makes absolutely adorable animals, beautiful shawls and afghans… she can do anything!  She is amazing.  I love her and admire her talents.



So Mrs Betty came in to an OHCE function we had and brought with her this adorable sheep.  She was laughing when she brought it to me.  I absolutely fell in love with it.  Mrs. Betty said, through her giggles, “Turn it around!”  

I reached to turn it around…



And this is what I saw:


Mrs. Betty said, “I finished this at midnight adding the last leg.  
I was tired.  I looked at the leg and (pointing at the leg) I said, well, it will just be a dancing lamb!  Then I looked again and said, no Betty Lou, he is peeing!  I laughed so hard I was almost crying!  My lamb is PEEING!! ”  
What a hoot she is! I love her sense of humor.  
What a moment to treasure.


I am finished with this quilt.  I will post about it at the end of the year.  Stay tuned!


A close-up of the square:



This is the one I am presently working on:



And this is the end of our day on the farm:


 

No comments: