Wednesday, April 13, 2022

History - Theirs and Ours

I went to an estate sale a few weeks ago (you can act surprised here), and I came across a scrapbook.  Loving both scrapbooks and genealogy, I had to check it out. 

It was called Scrapbook of Death!!  Goodness!  An entire scrapbook of obituaries, newspaper articles and stories of how people died!

                  

Many of the names in it were the last name of my friend’s family, so I offered $20 and they accepted.  I shared the book with her today - I think she is enjoying it:


I also shared it on a history/genealogy Facebook site for the town the articles were mostly about; Sperry, Ok.


And I am a member of ancestry.com
So I had a cousin-ish get in touch with me.  She had found our Aaron that we lost!  His name was not Nimrod, like ours was - it was Himrod!!  She sent us the book with all of the documentation!



Apparently there was a mixup in how to spell our name - but we are keeping the incorrect spelling I reckon.  We grew up being a Nimrod and will continue to treasure the name.  

*********************
How am I feeling?  Well, 2 days of antibiotic, that Dr Me took, has take away the awful headache I had.  I am back to the dull one I have had for as long as I can remember.  GO ME!!

Since my fall I have had some pretty bad memory problems.  I will be tested for that in May - along with a 3 day eeg.  We will see how that goes, but I was just reading that Lupus can cause the memory issues as well.  
Well, dang.  I am doomed!  
Oh, no, I am not - I have God on my side.

Night/day/life!



No comments: