Sunday, August 25, 2019

This Happened.

Thursday, 6 days after my hernia surgery, I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth.  I was looking forward to a nice night of rest as my pain was subsiding enough to finally move easily and rest.  I thought a moth had gotten under my gown and went to wave the gown to get rid of it, but when I looked down, that picture below is what I saw.

Trying to rinse my mouth while yelling at Steve just caused the blood to pour more.  I finally got rinsed and got his attention.  He came in, saw my dilemma and immediately said, "I am calling 911".  Somehow, he got on the phone to call them, and I dialed Stephenie.  I think I put the phone down, trying to answer his questions while holding pressure on my stomach at the same time - I have no idea why I put the phone down.  Thankfully, she heard enough to know to get to us now.  She brought Todd, who thankfully, held pressure and kept checks on me until an ambulance got there 45+ minutes later.  Inola Fire and Rescue never came and we later found out they never got the call.

Fast forward to the hospital.  The ER Dr decided that I had a small separation in my incision, so she added a couple of stitches, and a couple more... and a couple more.  She found that I was bleeding through the stitch HOLES.  Baffled, they applied pressure, checked later and again, found it seeping through the holes.  She called my surgeon who came in and found... I was bleeding through the stitch HOLES.  He is also baffled.  Though I am not pouring blood like I was when I came in, they didn't want to send me home bleeding at all.  So they apply pressure bandages and send me to a hospital room to monitor me.  Everyone is baffled that I am seeping blood through the stitch holes.  I think I became the holey joke.

The following day, Friday, my surgeon came in 24 hours after the pressure bandages were applied, and found I was still seeping blood.  Obviously, I wasn't going to bleed to death seeping blood, but he decided to call the hematology team in.  They took a bunch of blood work to see if I have a bleeding problem that has suddenly arisen.  I haven't gotten any of those results yet.  I will be going in to my surgeon Thursday so maybe they will have the results then.  My surgeon is concerned that I have a bleeding problem, that was actually what caused the colon bleed in Dec/Jan.  He says it makes more sense than this random bleed 6 days into surgery.  I should be well into the healing part by now.  He said he could see a pull a day or two out, but not a week out.  It is all a guessing game right now.  I am sick of blood though.  When it is coming from me, it is un-nerving.  

I don't think I could pay my surgeon to operate on me right now though... Lol... 

Anyhoo, I am home again, and I am still seeping.  I just looked at my gauze and I have a spot on it - not big, but it should have none at all.



Depression is swallowing me whole right now.  I am having a tough time.  Too many medical issues, medical bills, and not enough fun in my life.  I should not have to worry about continuous medical stuff at this time in my life.  Steve did not work as hard as he did for as many years as he did to go through medical crisis after medical crisis with me.  We need to have lots of time for fun stuffs.   

I am sad for us both, but more sad for him.  My medical has been a problem for us since the very first day we met, and it hasn't let up.  He deserves a break.



No comments: