Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Something Fun for Once

I have a lot of scrap fabric.  A lot.  So, I was bored one day and I grabbed some and started sewing.  I sewed two pieces together until they were both about baby blanket sized.  I am sure something came up and they got tossed in the NTF bin... meaning Need To Finish.  

A few days ago, I was looking at projects I needed to do for the fair.  In OHCE, we all take a few things from the list and commit to making them.  I took "Random Craft from Scrap Fabric" as one of them.

Of course, I waited until the last month to work on any of my 8 projects, and then I had surprise surgery - after my Dec/Jan surprise bleed and surgery.  Needless to say, this year has not been my year.  So I guess I didn't wait until the last minute, but it is crunch time.  I pulled out those random fabrics sewn together and figured I would whip something up with them.  Well, here is one potholder that I came up with out of those scraps... pretty cool huh?





I will show you the set when I finish it tomorrow.  I do love sewing, and it occupies my time and thoughts.  It keeps my mind off of my medical problems - which seem to be more and more lately.

Medical Update:  NIH e-mailed me and said that they don't even want me to try to fly until next spring.  They advised me to take this time to heal - I have had two serious major abdominal surgeries this year, one major bleed and one significant bleed.  They advised rest.  Thankfully.

Tomorrow morning is my surgery followup visit with my GI Dr.  We will see if he removes the stitches they added last weekend.  I will be 12 days out from surgery, 1 week out from the bleed where they added those stitches.  Holding my breath... 

Today I met with a sewing group from the Methodist Church in Inola.  Finally, I may brave that step again.  Praying for a church home. 

That is it for today.  Going to rest.  I seem to need a lot of that lately... lol... 

No comments: