Friday, August 16, 2019

Now That’s Out of the Way!

Let the healing begin!

Yesterday’s infusion and today’s surgery went well.  Sharon came and sat with me during the infusion and like an airhead I had her increase the rate to 53 so it would go in faster.  Well I got about half way through I got slammed with an infusion migraine.  Slowing it down didn’t make it go away, but it stayed there at that level - and It is still lurking.  πŸ˜’




I was surprised to find out that I was 1st case today!  I also found out that there are 29 other cases at St John’s main hospital in Tulsa!  Wow!  That is a lot of operating rooms!  Maybe that is why I got so many medical bracelets!  They may have needed directions to the perfect operating room!  πŸ˜‚





Surgery for my sudden hernia  went well.  My hernia was bigger that he thought.  He also found a weak spot in the wall above it and fixed it as well.  My tummy feels like a road grater
went across it, and the mad sewing club stitched it up!   I will have to slow down and be extremely careful For several months. 

The Dr thinks it Is very possible that my Lupus and Connective tissue disease that might have caused the hernia.  He put mesh in both places and my body as to ‘grow into’ the mesh.  Sound like fun?  Nopers?  I didn’t think so either.  We will see... 

Finally, he cut above and below my belly button.  So essentially my belly button looks like this - yes, I drew it!  The lavender is super glue!  



Let the healing begin!


No comments: