Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy 32nd Anniversary to Us :-)

32 years ago today, he had no idea what he was getting in to. However, he persevered and here we are. Well, here I am. He is offshore, commissioning his unit. I am ok with that amazingly enough. He brought me to Korea, plunked me safely in a hotel room and went to work. I am looking forward to the part AFTER he finishes his job. He will make up for it, I know it.

I did have a meltdown today. Looking back on it, I don't think I am back up to par after the food poisoning. I finally braved up going outside on my own (GO ME!) and went to the store next door. It was closed. It is Sunday here. Sooo... I walked aimlessly around trying to find something I could eat - as in keep down. Quizno's was my first thought (bread part) - after seeing it, I ditched that first thought. Walking some more, I didn’t find food, but I found some interesting bricks - I know, who thinks bricks are interesting?




I found an ancient Bonsai tree. Note: I need to go back and get a better picture. This just does not do it justice:




I decided to pass on the clothes:




And finally, the signs just did me in:




I came back to the hotel room, had a meltdown – poor Pam got the worst end of that. I am so sorry, Pam. Then I had a discussion with God about “why me?” and got the reality check. I promptly went down to the restaurant and ate “sticky” rice and beef. Ok, I ate a third of it… maybe a quarter. I ordered the “Coke” and got the “Pepsi”. Note to self, Coke in Korea does not mean Coke; it means Cola… lol…

All is well now. My tummy does not like food, but maybe it is just the food I chose. I have no idea what the deal is. I KNOW it does not like Pepsi.

I love you Steve.


You will pay dearly. I miss you. Most :-)


3 comments:

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you are feeling better soon. Being apart on special days is tough, I am a Military Wife myself, but that makes them that much more special when they return.

Cece

Disneypal said...

32 Years! How wonderful - Happy Anniversary!

Redclix said...

Happy Anniversary! :)