Monday, September 15, 2008

Hawker Stands, Sand Castles and the Beach

Tonight I whimped out on cooking and we went to a hawker stand. Hawker stands are basically like permanent fair food courts only much larger and there are tables and umbrellas set up to sit under.


The one we go to is on the beach and huge. While the guys were talking, I walked down to the beach and checked out the sites:

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this:



I really enjoyed browsing and looking at the sand sculptures. I know, the WB was off, the color sucks, I didn't feel like editing and I used my point and shoot. *sigh*

We ate satay (marinated, skewered meat), chicken wings and seafood rice. It was all decious of course :-) That was the highlight of my evening. The rest of the evening pretty much sucked... ...but, on to the prairie where the fairy was dancing...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I did walk along the beach for 30 minutes by myself and felt perfectly safe doing so. I would love to take a few hours and just stroll by the water on the walkway, looking at the sites, listening to the waves and looking at the ships. They say the walkway is something like 12 miles long... maybe I will take on part of that on one day.

1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

Oh wow! I love the sand sculptures!!!!