Wednesday, September 10, 2008

USA Has Stray Dogs, We Have...

stray MONKEYS?!?

I was standing by the entrance of the Chinese Gardens waiting on Pam and Sarah, innocently minding my own business.

I felt like someone was watching me so I glanced around... and what do I see??
A MONKEY! Perfectly innocently looking for a handout - he was patiently waiting to see if it would happen. Out in the open area, not in the park and plainly not contained!

He braved up and came over to ask - me being the scrapbooker I am saw the perfect opportunity for a picture:
But I was so startled by my friend, I jumped for my camera and scared the little guy.
He took off running:

I was watching him in amazement - and then I realized he had a mate who was coming down the tree next to me. When I scared the one, they skittered off to the side, paused to see if the handouts where coming...
Found out they weren't - and politely left, chattering about the lack of treats.


We have stray cats and dogs in the wild there - here I suppose we have tail-less cats and monkeys!
How cool!! Now I will be scanning the trees looking for our little neighbors :-)

9 comments:

surprisetriplets said...

That is AMAZING! My little human monkeys would LOVE to play with your Singapore monkeys:)

Laura Solkey said...

Fascinating creatures aren't they! However, I've seen their big scary teeth too! Yeppers, no handouts for those little beggars!

Alex said...

Bring tossable treats with you now :)

Cajunrose said...

WOW!!! Raelee said "man, I wish I was with Granny so monkey's would walk with me!"

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?! Thanks for sharing...I always look forward to your posts. I may not always respond, but know I'm always reading.

LOVE YA!
Melissa D.

Anonymous said...

Euvah,

Too funny! I can't believe this! I responded through our yahoo group and forgot to copy you on it.

~Melissa Robinson

BLJ Graves Studio said...

How cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute, and I must say you are getting quite good with that camera!

Mattie said...

Oops, didn't mean to be anonymous. That was me, from OKScrapals.