Saturday, September 27, 2008

Race Day!

Today is the day of the 2008 Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix Race! The sun has risen bright and beautiful - hopefully leading to a wonderful night for a race. Everyone is geared up and getting ready for the big day:


Even these guys and galls were all excited about it! So excited they did this for a very long time... I would have died!


Still trying to figure out what this has to do with the price of the race in Singapore:



Mass Transit is ready:

Yesterday, we walked down Orchard Road, a very famous 'shopping' district in Singapore. I took a ton of cool pictures of the buildings there, but I will share them later. Today, I just wanted to share the pictures of some of the cars we saw along the route. Before I do, I just want to say they were everywhere. There were two Lambourghini's that breezed by so fast every time I could not even click the camera to get a picture with it on and ready. One was lime green. No pictures of them, but plenty of pictures of other cars:


I accidently got a picture of this car, but I have no idea if it is a 'cool' car of not:


We also went to the Hard Rock Café Singapore


We ate there, but we actually went to get a "race car pin". The young salesman in there told us it could not be called a 'Formula 1 Car Pin' but you take a look and see what you think:
It cost us $18.00!! Ok, mister, you just told me it is "JUST a RACE CAR pin!"


And some are ready for... the celebration:
Can you guess what this guy is? He was by the above booth.
Yep, getting ready for everything here:


Race day is on, the excitement is in the air and yesterday on Orchard rode was no exception. We fought the crowds, saw the cars, saw the sights and witnessed the excitement first hand. Tonight, we will sit down in our easy chairs in front of the tv, with the slider doors open so we can listen to the races and watch them on tv. We figure it is saving us about 6 grand to do so. Lots of other things we could do with that...


... but darn! I wish we were there :-(

1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

So much fun!!!! Love the pics. Never heard of world contraception day. Weird. Even Weider...the walking sperm.