Friday, March 25, 2022

Today was a Good Day…

Today, I met my sister at Hobby Lobby and found some border fabric for a lap quilt I am working on.  I think it will be a bit sassy and a bit fun.  Just what I was looking for.


I dropped some soup off to Punkin, and when she found out we were going to the Chinese restaurant that I love, she got the biggest, saddest eyes I have ever seen and begged me to bring her any morsel of Chinese food that I could spare because she was very, very hungry and “Sonic (where she is working) only has crap food!”  Granny caved.  

When I took it back to Sonic, I was creeping through the parking lot, scooting to the far side, to drop off the morsels of food, I look in the rear view mirror and see that rascal holding onto the tailgate skating behind me!  Thank God I was only going very slow!  Yes, I gently fussed her as she graciously thanked us for her food laughing her butt off.  

Then we went to an estate sale where I paid $20 for this for my friend who does genealogy…  A death scrapbook?!?  It has her family name it it multiple times, which was why I bought it, but some articles are over 100 years old!!  All deaths - some even morbidly described!



Finally, I spent several precious hours with our daughter who is going through difficult times for many reasons.  She bared her soul - and like a momma, I just want to fix it all, knowing I can’t.  I am so privileged to have such a wonder young lady.  She is strong and she will be ok, but strength comes from struggles… and struggles cause pain.  She needs lots of prayers.  Life is so tough sometimes.  

If you were out and about nearby today, did you see the amazing clouds?  I wanted to take pictures several times, but only once did I actually do it.  Here is the result:



And finally, this made me smile:



Today, was a good day.  I found our daughter again.  I can’t cure her problems, but I can be her biggest supporter and lift her to God’s arms for comfort and strength.  God has saved her so many times, I have no doubt He will continue to give everything she needs to get through these trials.  I love you, sister.  Stay strong.  ❤️






 

No comments: