Monday, March 28, 2022

Plugged in and Fueling Up!

 I am all hooked up and getting my IgIV infusion.  So I look up about an hour into it and think it is going slow, but I am nearly comatose from 4 antihistamines, so I let it go.  A while later I see it is still moving slow and go to tell my nurse who is too busy with another infusion.  I sit back down, hear quiet and then talking again - she is with another patient.  Can’t bother her yet.

My friend and nurse Cathy (works here) comes in to visit.  We chat a while and she comments on how slow it appears to be going, but checks the setting and all appears to be ok.  The infusion machine is not beeping, so she sits, we chat… and she checks again… to find the valve is barely on!!  I have been here two hours and barely infused - and the stupid machine never once beeped!   Grrrr!! I will be 2 hours later than I always am - even though we sped it up and went much too fast!  I feel an infusion migraine coming on…


Life in the slow lane today.  It was supposed to be a great day - but you know?  God probably saved me from something else, so I think it’ll be ok.


This is part of my sewing buddy group at the Methodist Church.  Right now we are making 80 book bags for our summer reading program at our little town’s library.  Lotsa kiddos will get them. We have a great time designing, sewing, visiting and gifting.
   


This is the last one we Veteran’s Quilt awarded.  He was so surprised by our gift!  Watching his face when he realized what it was… it was absolutely priceless!  It feels so good to make/give to others.  

   

We got a beautiful thank you note the week after we awarded it.  These things are what make my world twirl.  I love making people smile.  

       

Off to finish infusing.  It’ll be a late night.  *sigh*

But, as always, thanks to the plasma donors!  🥰

No comments: