Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Sadie Had A Boy!


Yesterday’s bike ride is still kicking my butt today.  

I held an iPhone class and our daughter-in-law and son helped by hosting an Android class.  They did terrific, but I was floundering.  I am sure the ladies learned something, but I was not on top of my game - but we got through it.  

Sadly, I still wouldn’t have given up that ride.  It is hard to give up things you love.  I want to be a part of OHCE, the bike and outside world plus do regular chores and shopping, but I am seeing that my body just can’t keep up with my ‘want tos’.  I am struggling enough that I am beginning to finally see it, trying accept it and know that a ‘normal’ life is impossible.  

Crafts; I love doing them.  Today, I tried to stay after my cell phone class to help make centerpieces for our Monday night OHCE banquet, but I cratered.  I was so overwhelmed with the mass of flowers and craft paraphernalia, that I couldn’t make sense of it.

I didn’t even feel like driving my 25 minutes home, but I packed up, drove home, left everything in the truck, walked in the door and crumpled into my recliner.  I was too tired to even sleep.  I just sat.  No texting, just coloring, no real tv, just mindless noise.  I sat and thought of all the things I should have done/said.  And then once again I realized I am trying to live in a life I no longer belong in.  How do I give it up?  🤷🏻‍♀️

After resting several hours and letting the sun go down  (lupus), I went to meet our new bull calf, Jason, born to Sadie.  He is extremely tall!!  He is not as dark as most of them, and a little grayer than the others, but they always turn black soon anyway.  Yes, we have special requests for names.  Steve’s friend Jason wanted this one named after him - so Jason he is!  

Little Jason wandered in the bull pasture while his mommy was eating, so Steve had to carry him back to the mommy pasture.  He thought that was a scary place!  Those big boys have to bully little guys around to show them who’s boss!  He was glad to see mom again and she sure fussed at us all!  Little Jason got his first scolding!  I think she got his attention!  😂  

Meet little Jason and his mom Sadie:


That was the excitement in our day!  Farm life.  ❤️

I got a call from a neurologist today and am scheduled in for next Thursday to evaluate my shaking and drunk walking.  We will see how that goes.  Hopefully better than last time.  Praying they find an easy fix and he doesn’t blow me off like the previous jerk.  

Tomorrow I go in to my sinus Dr. 3 month recheck.  He told me before my surgery I would hate him after my surgery and be his best friend 6 weeks after my surgery.  3 months later, he still isn’t my best friend, I have a sinus infection and a blockage still.  

I will tell him he isn’t the first Dr who can’t consider me a success story.  Many have come before him…  😂

 

No comments: