Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Catching Up

We have had 7 baby calves and 4 more to go.  I love watching them play.  Those babies jump out of the womb and start kicking within an hour!  It is crazy to watch!  

Something many don’t know is that other cattle babysit a pile of babies while the other moms eat.  Usually one cow, or donkey, or even a bull, is put babysitting the babies for a bit, then they are relieved by another cow.  We see this all the time.  I love looking in pastures and seeing piles of babies with a babysitter.  Keep an eye out on pastures - you will see it too.  My father-in-law says they have done that since the beginning of time.  



This is kinda what our pasture looks like between babysitting duty!  Most of the time babies are nursing.



This is our total count as of today.  And yes, we name our cattle.



I finally got in to a neurologist, who took all my symptoms seriously.  She took an immediate eeg, will get my records from the various places and I go back in a week.  Finally, I felt like someone cared!  Updates later.  I don’t know anything other than a Dr didn’t blow me off.  ❤️



I just got a call from my hubby.  He lost a tire in the bike today while riding.  He thinks he hit something at a truck stop that punctured it.  Anyway, the guys have all been picking at him to get a new tire.  Steve is known to get every bit of goodie out of a set of tires.  This time, it caught him, but thank God he is ok.  

And with 3 couples with him, he will never hear the end of it - but it won’t be coming from me!  😂

Later gator.  Damn I miss Louisiana.  🐊 


 

No comments: