Thursday, March 3, 2022

Another Calf!

I was gazing out the kitchen window and Elsie, right before my very eyes, dropped a calf!  I didn’t see her clear it’s face, so I took off running outside.  While I was running, I was yelling for Steve… which is seldom a good thing considering everything we have been through with me.  However, once he saw where I was looking, he reassured me that it was Elsie - she is a great momma.  Sure enough, little Jim is fine.  

Steve always calls all the cattle into the round pen to feed every evening - it makes them comfortable to be there and they load easy when he needs to take them into the vet or to the stockyard.  However, the new mommas don’t come to the pen, they are protecting their babies.  We walk a bucket of feed to the new momma and admire her baby, check them both out and see if we have a boy or girl.  This is the events BOY in a row!!    We are going boy crazy!  Lol… 

As you can see, Mrs Elsie was ready for little Jim - she always has so much milk!  In a few weeks, she will gladly be sharing with any calf!  😂

Little Jim is about an hour old here…



Do you see a rabbit in the hay?  I just glanced that way and did a double take!



Oklahoma has the most beautiful sunsets!  Just sharing this one with you.  It literally made me gasp.  I am so thankful to be alive.  Looking at the baby calf looking for his momma’s teet, then seeing this… I have to wonder how you can’t believe in a God.  How does that cow give birth to a calf, and how does that calf know where his supper is?  And who can mix those amazing colors and call it sunset?  
There must be a majestic God!


This man makes my world twirl.  He cares deeply for me and shows me over and over every day.  It pains me that I am always sick, always struggling and always so darned tired.  If I didn’t have him and our mighty God, I would simply toss in the towel.  But every day, both keep nudging me on.  There has to be a reason for me to still to be here, so I keep looking for God to show me His need for me to be in His world.  It can’t be Steve - it is much to comfortable to be with him,  He makes my life worth living - but I want to do the same for him; be well, be fun and be who I used to be.  I feel so lost in my space.

And this is Jake in HIS truck with HIS dad.  😂
The only way he comes in every night is after his ride!
He is pretty serious about it.  Can you tell?



**********************
Today was the sinus Dr.  He needs another CAT scan, a culture and wants to wash my sinuses with antibiotics and steroids.  He added an antibiotic sinus rinse (like I need more sinus rinses every day), and 2 more sinus meds.  🤢

The headache and fatigue never quits - but I got my 10,000 steps in.  5-10,000 every day whether I feel like it or not.  I try and mostly succeed putting one foot in front of the other.  😊

Also, got an appointment with a neurologist for the shaking next Thursday… unbelievably quick.  🎉 

*****************£****


 

No comments: