Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Chinese Gardens - Daytime

I went with Pam and Sarah to the Chinese Gardens today. It was wonderful - and it was sooo hot! This is the first day the heat has affected me as much as it did today. Thank goodness I don't get this way every day. It was really close to south Louisiana heat - and they did not sell water there. Imagine ME without water!

The most exciting thing today, of course, was the monkeys! That was such a wonderful surprise and sadly there was no one there to share it with - well, I guess Sarah caught my excitement. She got there just in time to see the monkeys trail off down the road...
Anyway, the Chinese Gardens are beautiful!
We got there to see that it was celebrating "Hello Kitty" with Hello Kitty lanterns all over the park. It was very pretty - but I could only imagine what it would look like at night time. I was somewhat disapointed to see the Hello Kitty decorations there - somehow this just did not fit into my imagination for Chinese Gardens - but hey, what the heck?

Once we got in, I was not disapointed. There were many beautiful buildings to see:

There were some lion statues there that was fun to look at:
The dad was playing with a ball:
The poor mom was trying to curtail the child of course:
There was an incredible bonsai garden:
It even had a 300 year old bonsai! Not any of these, but believe me, the gardens were incredible :-)

Somehow I managed NOT to get a picture of the oldie... I wanted to cry when I realized it.

And finally they had a beautiful coy pool - complete with lanterns there as well!It took me an entire day to recouperate from this outing. Unfortunately, I think I got some heat exhaustion that made it rough. In the entire park, there were soda machines, but no water. Isn't that odd? Oh well, it was a great day!

Loved the company too! Thanks girls for the adventure.

1 comment:

Alex said...

It is really weird to see a bunch of Hello Kitty decorations there, but... I love hello kitty, so I'm excited to see the pictures :) The night pictures are absolutely gorgeous.