Saturday, October 2, 2021

Today

I was resting after a restless night.  At 8am my phone started vibrating aka ringing in the silent mode.   Raelee wanted to go to garage sales.  I jumped up, dressed, brushed my teeth and told ‘papa’ he needed to drive us to garage sales.  Halfway to her place it was raining.  By the time we got there, it was pouring.  As in lakes between us and her!

So we went to junk stores.  My best find?  This child’s quilt for $5!!  Well, $4.98 actually.  Isn’t it great?

          

The rain only lasted a couple of hours, so we found a few garage sale signs and followed them to nowhere.  Please take your signs down people!!  Grrr…

So we ate lunch at Cajun Ed’s (he’s from Houma); had fried shrimps (my Cajun friends get this), seafood gumbo (with potato salad) and shrimp poboy.  Yum!

Then we went by Punkin’s apartment and Steve started her ‘broken’ bike.  🤷🏻‍♀️

And off she went!

We followed her to make sure she made it.  She was a happy camper.

Finally, my face is looking better, but I feel like a truck ran me over.  I just ache from head to toe, but I am fine.  Still clueless as to exactly what happened.  But here I am today - even my other eye is getting black.  

           

Sunglasses and a cap - and I am good to work outside for a bit again.


I found a heart shaped rock in the north pasture!  It has been there, I just never liked closely at it before.  I think it is a great find.  😊


That’s all.  Except I have been sewing a lot.  

No comments: