Thursday, August 14, 2008

Note To Self...

Do not wait until 3 pm in Singapore to walk to the grocery store! I swear it is so hot here I thought I would melt in a block! Unfortunately, I didn't melt the pounds away, but I sure gave it my best.

After one huge bottle of water, I decided I might live. Darn it is hot! Louisiana doesn't have anything on Singapore. Another learning lesson...
I went up to the 13 floor which is a garden floor. They are still working on it, but it will be beautiful when they are done. Here is what it looks like now.

When I looked to the south, I saw the school and surrounding area much better than I can from the 10th. I can even see the Indian Ocean and the ships! I noted in the picture below some interesting facts:



The green area on the right is part of the new school area they are building. We hear constant pile driving here, but hopefully it will soon be over. The building on the left... it is a government housing building I assume. It is interesting to me that the people hang thier clothes out on poles. You see that everywhere here. It does not look tacky to me - just different. No land for a clothesline so they do this.

Looking to the right - which is just 3 floors above ours in nearly the same area, this is my view. Isn't it beautiful?The land with trees below is part of a park below us. The construction in the distance has something to do with the indoor stadium. I guess I will figure that out eventually.


Walking to the grocery store (as I was turning into a weeping willow) I saw this picture. Aren't the trees pretty with the indoor stadium in the background? The grassy area in the forground is for parking. It is made such a way for drainage. Very pretty and unusual for a parking area in a mall isn't it?


And finally a bit a reassurance that God surrounds me. These people were loading electronic equipment and clothing from the mall. It was a reminder that I am surrounded by love - my family's and God's love.
And I thanked Jesus for the sign that no matter where I go, He follows.

No comments: