Tuesday, August 26, 2008

To Fix A/C We Must Tear Out Bathroom Floor?

We have an air conditioner leak - more like a drain leak from the air conditioner. Our A/C's are up at the top of each wall in each room. See the air conditioner?


 
All of ours look like this and each are controlled with a remote control. This one started leaking when it is left on high for a good while. Thankfully it is just one a/c in the extra bedroom leaking


...but can anyone tell me why the EIGHT "nolah speakah englisah" men are tearing out my marble bathrooom floor? ( I snuck in when they went to lunch to take this picture.) Here is how they are fixing my air conditioning unit - that is near the ceiling in the bedroom...

 
I have heard the hammering all darned day! Marble must be very difficult to remove. They started at 9am and it is 3:10pm and they are still working in the bathroom. MY HEAD HURTS! Across the street, they are tearing up the concrete from the old building area with a concrete smasher, 


then the men hammering in the bathroom, and of course our building is not finished yet - so we still have construction noises going on here :-( I wanted to go shopping to get away from it all...

Oh, and can you imagine my amusement when I opened my door and there were all these barefoot men waiting to come in? Can you see the foot prints I have on the floor from all the dust? I took these right after they arrived. You should see it now! 
They do this to keep your floor tidy :-( Works really well, I must say.

So... can anyone give me insight? Why are they ripping out my marble floor in the bathroom to fix my air conditioner in the bedroom?

Take as many guesses as you want. I have tried all day to figure this mystery out. I will be happy if someone comes up with a good, logical answer :-)

PS: ICK eeeee aaaaah is out today, as is Giant. I wanted to go shop to get away from the noise. Imagine that - I want to go shop. You KNOW it is bad if me, Euvah, WANTS to go shop.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea why they have to dig out the floor to fix that A/C, sis. Maybe it is a really long drain cord??? LOL I am sorry you are going through all of this. I love you!