Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My First Singapore Fruit Experience



So here is my bravery for the day...



Today Steve came by to pick me up in the taxi and we went to his work to fill out the paperwork for my green card. While we were there, they had a fruit called rambutan (ROM bu tawn) in the break room and I took advantage of trying it.


It has to be twisted much like you are twisting a cap off the top of a bottle. Once you twist it to open it, you get to the fruit. It looks much like a peeled grape with a very mellow flavor. In the middle is a pit that looks like an almond. It was interesting. I might learn to like it, but for now, I will stick to my normal fruits - as soon as I find them. It was not bad at all - just different.



2 comments:

Cajunrose said...

Raelee had all kinds of questions for this one...lol Interesting!

Small pictures again :(

stefani said...

That sure is one interesting looking fruit. :)