Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dead Fred

Supper today is chicken. I bought a whole chicken - in a nice neat presealed package like I get at home.

Expecting the nice, neat, tidy chicken I get at home I cut the plastic and get ready to clean it.

THIS is what I got:


I am not ready for this life.

Today is not a good day for me. I am trying very hard not to cry. Too late. I am bawling.

I am just trying to make things be ok, but it is such a shock - every freaking thing I do is a shock. I am alone doing it! I know I have Steve. I know I have Pam. But they cannot be here all day and Steve is dog tired when he comes in - and of course work is still work.

I am too freaking unnerved to get in a car in a country I don't know, and ask a driver who can't speak much English, to take me to a street I cannot pronounce - hell, I don't even know where to GO!

I know I will be ok, but today I am not. Especially now that I have to cook this guy. I will never see a chicken the same way again. Vickers, here I come.

3 comments:

surprisetriplets said...

I'm sorry you're overwhelmed today. Just remember that we all love you and we're thinking of you every day. I hope you have a better day tomorrow...

Elizabeth said...

I am sorry, Sis, that you are having a bad day. I love you and miss you and am positive that would have made me lose it as well.
Please know I am praying.

Cajunrose said...

(((HUGS))) That would be quite disturbing. You're lucky tears are what came and not your stomach contents. You have my permission to continue to eat out for a while..LOL Too bad nobody warned you about that!

Miss you lots. Hope today is better for you.