Saturday, July 23, 2022

South Fork to Montrose

I am not sure what happened, but I kinda felt like a third wheel today. We all made plans for our trip today last night; I prepared for them (made picnic lunches), but not until long after we leave we were informed they had decided to go back to Creede and eat lunch. We had gotten to Lake City and would have had to go back - if we had been invited. 

We had been through Creede and they asked if we wanted to shop and I said it didn’t matter (I don’t want to disappoint anyone, so I try to go with the flow). Anyway, they decided to go on to Lake City, we fueled there, then I was told then that they hadn’t brought lunch, and were going back to Creede to eat. Steve and I had planned to separate, and come on to Montrose to spend the night, AFTER we lunch with them.

Well, I was caught totally off guard. We wouldn’t have minded eating out with them, but it was more, “you are here and we are going back there to eat.”  I had no idea they had changed plans - we had eaten breakfast over there, so I was just… I guess, hurt... ? Surely it wasn’t intended to be like that, but it felt like it. Or maybe I am tired. Steve even felt funny about it too, though, and he is usually the one that sets me straight. 

Oh well, it’ll be ok, I am going to just carry on. I know the other two couples are friends forever and been buddies for years, so maybe they just wanted time together. We are the newbies and still feeling our way around.  Moving on…

The other half of the day was ok. I was upset part of it, but after I got over my cry, it got better. We found a picnic table, fed chipmunks, talked and rode on. 

The terrain changes by the curve. I am just going to share pics and go to bed. We are at a wonderful Mexican restaurant this evening, I had a huge daiquiri and lovely evening with Steve. That made it worth it. He has an awful sunburn, so you know how much sun *I* got. Lupus and sun don’t mix well. I need to try to rest. We go the on the “million dollar highway tomorrow!

Here goes the pics!













The lavenders here are HUGE!! Leave them in the dessert and don’t water. They will grow! Lol…


Tomorrow I will wake and it’ll all be ok again.

No comments: