Monday, November 1, 2021

My Sewing and Craft Supply

I do have a lot, but I share.  I have collected for many years and had many kids to keep busy - so we did a lot of arts.  I am not a store shopper (never had the money, so it was thrift stores and garage sales - and I wouldn’t pay top dollar when people are always nearly giving it away for pennies on the dollar).  I have always been thrifty and crafty.  I always share my skills and supplies with different volunteer organizations.  If anything needs to get bought, they purchase it, but I use what I have to dwindle mine down.  













Right now, OHCE and The Methodist Church are my groups.  We are making scrap quilts to donate at the church, just finished making all of the Veterans at the church lap quilts.  We also do so much with OHCE.  We made and donated privacy covers to emergency responders, breast cancer pillows, holiday treat bags, notecards to put on inpatient trays, and shoeboxes to soldiers.  OHCE does more than you could imagine.  We are feeding the children’s tummies on Tuesday.

I donated a quilt that sold for over $950 in raffle tickets - all that money goes to scholarships.  Sharon had fabric for that quilt that I needed (didn’t buy) so she shared some with me and I with her.  She made the same quilt, different colors.  

I don’t have to have a dedicated place for my loot to go to because all of us just grab and make.  If Karen doesn’t have the thread I do and it works both ways, that way we share our wealth with the community.

I am a collector, but I am a much bigger giver.  And I am blessed with people that donate to my loot so we keep on keepin’ on.  I love people and I love making smiles.

But, my friend Kidsmom?  Yeah, she has a 54’ (?) trailer chock full of the same things that I have and more.  If I don’t have it she does - and she readily shares like I do.  She even buys used sewing machines for cheap, cleans and repairs just to give them away.  

God has kept me here for something and I like to think it is for everything I try to do to make a difference in our world.  Just me sharing and lovin’ life in our neck of woods…

This is what makes me happy.  Not gonna feel guilty. Love me or not.  I am who I am.

 And anyway I don’t have half the tools my hubby does!  😂

No comments: