Monday, November 15, 2021

Arkansas on the Bike(s)!

What a blast!  Some friends, Brenda and Jim, invited us to go with them and their friends to go no Arkansas last Tuesday and Wednesday to see the fall leaves.

What a wonderful trip!  The timing for color was absolutely perfect!


We stayed the first night in Harrison, Arkansas and left early Wednesday morning to go to the Arkansas Grand Canyon.  Did you even know that existed?!?


It does!

It is a far cry from the real Grand Canyon, but it is absolutely beautiful.



                             


There is a restaurant at the top of the canyon overlooking the most beautiful scenery.  Even the restaurant is pretty.



Jim and Brenda, our friends that invited us:



Mike, Lee and little Max - yes he rides on the bike - safely in a crate.  He loves riding!



Steve, Euvah (me), Mike, Lee holding Max, Jim and Brenda over the Arkansas Grand Canton!  ❤️ 



Our bikes - we were loading up to head home, hoping to beat the incoming storms. 


And we did it!  My gosh, we’re we glad we made it home.  Those were wicked storms, but we were safe at home, warming up by the fireplace.  

Raelee on the other hand was in her apartment and said her door blew open!  A small tornado touched down very near her.  She is fine, but it scared the heck out of her.  Have I said she is adulting quite nicely?  Working, paying her bills, and enjoying life in her own little corner of the world.  ❤️

Back to me.  The trip?  I got through it.  Grit my teeth through the headaches, the chronic pain, take antibiotics that cause all over arthritic pain and through it all - I loved every minute of it.  Even though it was chilly!  I need to make a few accommodations though; I need an air seat so that my back and hip won’t hurt so bad, I need to remember to take some Advil or something to ward off the ouchies and I will need to stop every hour or so.  I think I can do this!  Grin and bear it to enjoy the adventures.  ❤️



No comments: