Monday, March 15, 2010

Twins?!?

As I said in my previous post, my twin brother and sister was born on March 15 - only in 1969 as opposed to the day we married in 1977.  WAY back on those days, ultrasounds were not done to see what could be seen.  I doubt they even existed but regardless, mom had no idea she was having twins.  She knew the pregnancy was not normal, but she had no idea why.  She did not tell us she was pregnant until soon before the baby was due.  Oh, I knew something was going on - I used to have to roll her out of bed, she certainly couldn't get out on her own, but I was too young to know what it was going on - or pretty darned naive.


When the big day arrived, mom and dad went to the hospital and left Liz and I at grandma's.  The story we got years later was that dad was in the waiting room when the Dr came out and said, "Congratulations, you have a BOY!"  Dad was of course ecstatic - a boy  :-)  The nurse came out and grabbed the Dr's elbow and pulled him back into the delivery room.  A few minutes later, the Dr came out and said, "Congratulations, you have a GIRL!"  - to which dad was going to argue - he wanted that boy!  But the Dr quickly saw his confusion and reassured him, telling him, "No!  No!  You have a boy AND a girl!!"  Dad fainted as the nurse caught him in a wheel chair.  Lol... I can't imagine how he felt!  But indeed he had a boy and a girl  :-)


Twins are... well... 

Double joy, double fun, double bottles, double sun.
Double kisses, double hugs, double diapers, double tugs.
Double bottles, double wishes, double laundry, double dishes.
Double troubles, double dressings, double bubbles, double blessings.
© Euvah Bryant 05/2001

But indeed they are double blessings.  



How can you not resist loving these little guys?  Liz and I sure had a great time with them when they were little.  Oh yes, they were indeed into everything, but what a hoot they were!  Can you believe I always wanted twins of my own?  Yes, it is true, they were special little angels and we loved them- so much I wanted dups of my own.

Today, they are all grown and live halfway across the country from one another, but they still have that twin connection you always hear about.  When Danny was having a heart attack last week, Shari knew something was not right - she didn't know what, but once she found out, she recognized it was that 'feeling'. 

I don't have a recent picture of them - heck, I think the last time they were together was ages ago, but you can sorta see what they look like here:


Of course they were much, much younger here than they are now.  Now, they are old.  Old as the hills... no older than dirt.  I know, that makes me a dinosaur, right?

Please bear with me while I do a task I must:

*clears throat
*warms up
♫ ♪ La, la, la, LA, la, la, la... ♫

*in the best voice she can muster, her voice as clear as a bell and totally out of tune... 

*she sings:

♪ ♫ Happy Birthday TO YOU! ♪
♫  Happy BIRTHday TOOO you! ♫ 

♪ HAPPY BIRTHday God Bless You! ♪ 

(I so wanted to put dear rug rats in there)

♫ ♪Happppy BIIIIRRRTHday TOOOOOO You! ♫ 

 

Hope you have a wonderful birthday and many more to come :-) ♪ ♫ ♪

And we are sorry we spoiled your birthday - it was, after all, your birthday first.
 
Hope you have a great birthday on OUR anniversary.

We love you, both.
I hope you have many more to come - you need to be dinosaurs as well.

No comments: