Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finally, I am Back!

After hours and hours of working on trying to recover my blog, I got it back!  I had it linked with a closed account, had changed it before the old account closed and thought I had worked out the issues.  However, after much research and no help (thankyouverymuch) from Blogger, I found out it had linked to the wrong e-mail address.  Now to fix that.

However, now let me catch you up to date.  After a very long trip home and back, the house is sold to new owners.  It was no where near as glamorous as I thought it would be.  The new owners are terrific though - so I am glad I can say that.  

The closing... well, let's just say it should have been smoother, but it was no fault of anyone's - except maybe the government and one financial institution involved.  It had nothing to do with our Realtor or the attorney.  The forms had changed and that put a kink in our works - the forms sent out by the lending institution where the old forms.  The attorney caught that but not before some of them were signed - and the new forms were coming off the printer as we were signing.  His secretary was running back and forth one or two pages at a time... us signing and the new owners signing, and repeating the process.  Again, it was really no one's fault, just stuff that happens.  However, I being the perfectionist that I am, was a bit rattled by all the paperwork flying and the lack of check... now for that story.

The big problem was that the lending institution wanted us to sign papers saying we had received our money in full - but we had not received a dime  :-(  Heck, we had not even SEEN a check.  Maybe it was because it could not release the money without our signatures... HELLO?  Houston, we have a problem... lol... 

I have no idea how all of that got worked out, but after 3.5 hours, we finally got a check handed to us and sent on our way.  It was late - dusk in fact, and no one could go to the bank.  Such a huge letdown after such anticipation.  

We had to race to Mike's to get our camper, hook it up, take it out to the lake and set it up, slap the stuff from the truck and car into it and then out to 'celebrate' our sale as we had planned previous to the sale.  After the wait, the camper set up and the late hour, it did not seem like a celebration at all  :-(  We ate and that was that.  

I guess the good news is, the sale is final and I am excited to have sold it to a young couple looking forward to as many years and happy memories in it as we have had.  It feels so good that it is going to someone who seems to already love it.  Thank goodness for that.

I hope to show you their picture soon - I just need to get their permission first  :-)

However, I can show you this...

We tried to make the move as pleasant as possible for the new owners, we wanted them to feel welcome:


We left a folder with all the information on colors in the house, warranties and pertinent information - including amounts of the utilities bills for one year.  We left a disc of the shell of the house (before sheet rock) from when we were remodeling so if they needed wiring information or to find out where the studs are, all they have to do is pick up the disc and look  :-)



We left a basket of goodies including wine, bread, grape juice for the children and Raelee bought Crayons and coloring books for them.


And finally, we left this note for them:


We said goodbye to our home and good luck to the new owners.  We wish them many happy memories under "Mr Oak" and we begin a new journey.

Our new 'home' in the states is our camper, and our permanent address is 'now' in Singapore.

Did I really just say that?

3 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

CONGRATS EUVAH! I am glad it all worked out! That was a super sweet thing to do for you to leave them that basket!
Your Singapore address is only temporary right?
LN

Elizabeth said...

Love ya, SIs. How sweet of you to do all that for them! I know Sing is your "permanent" address now, but only for a while I am praying!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Singapore address is TEMPORARY!
Steve