Sunday, November 1, 2009

Screen Play

Can you weave this magic with a simple metal screen, a needle and some thread? I am talking about a screen like the old doors and windows used to be made of.


While walking in a mall a few days ago, I came across this piece of art - needlework in metal screen! As I have said before, Singapore has art every where you look. It is so fun to meander through the city and find hidden treasures - treasures people have spent hours creating... and oh how it warms my heart to enjoy it :-)


This art is breathtaking. I just stood and let myself soak in its beauty. The colors, the design, and the mere idea that you can sew like cross stitch (I do know it is needlework -not cross stitch) in a piece of metal screen and make it as beautiful as this is. Yes, some people are amazing.











2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OMGosh! How beautiful is that and what a great idea! Thanks for sharing sis!

surprisetriplets said...

I just don't know how you're going to decide what to show me with all of the beautiful stuff you're finding:)

Love the pics. Have a great day!