Monday, April 13, 2009

Waterfalls

One of my favorite things about Singapore is that there is a water feature or waterfall no matter where you go. Here are just a few I came across in my pictures today :-)























They even have them in malls!



The sound of water is so relaxing. All the waterfalls make me want to have them in my garden at home in Louisiana. I can imagine sitting on my porch swing swaying and listening to the gentle waterfalls around me. Then I remember the mosquito problem and decide maybe I will just enjoy them in Singapore ;-)

5 comments:

Cajunrose said...

Beautiful pictures! I love that you put a group of pictures together and share them as a whole...it makes a bigger impact.

You could have a waterfall...it's not standing water so you shouldn't have bug issues. You could also have a couple of fish in there..Raelee would LOVE that!

Anonymous said...

I like all of the water features & fountains here too.
Yes, we could have a fish pond, fountain, water fall in the garden as long as the water kept moving, it would not get stagnant & there would not be a skeeter problem.
Maybe we will get back home to stay and we can plan one.

Love
Steve/Dad/Papa

Oswald Chong said...

A lot of these commercial buildings build these waterfalls just for feng shui.

surprisetriplets said...

I especially love the one in the mall. You don't get to see them like that very often. The kids would love to splash and play so Mom couldn't shop anymore:)

Hope you're feeling better.

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

hi there, a foreign soul in singapore just like you, hopping through.
you're right, there are really a lot of water fountains in singapore... fountains with laser light effects, at that. that last picture you posted, the water pearl fountain in suntec, is my favorite one coz it "dances." :D