Thursday, April 2, 2009

Korean Islands: Simply Beautiful

I think this is the last of the posts about Korea. I may come across a few more that I wanted to talk about, but today I just wanted to show the beauty of the land and water. It was breathtaking:





















See that crevice? Look closely now...




Our captain took us into it!




See the light at the other end?



Nope - he could not squeeze through it. Thank goodness he didn't even try. It was very windy that day, and I honestly didn't think they would even give it a go to get into the crevice, but if you see the white glove on the left, that was the other captain directing him. They were very careful, and we got to see how deep those rocks are. It was beautiful.


The flowers were beautiful. I posted some earlier, but these were my favorite of all. I have no idea what they are, but they are neon bright and beautiful. I want to find out what they are, so if you know, share please?




So as a last thought, I loved Korea's weather, the people, and the scenery. I was not so thrilled about the food poisoning and the smell in most places, but the rest made up for what I had trouble tolerating. To be fair, I was so sick for the food poisoning that once I got back to Singapore it was another week before I even came close to feeling like normal, so it could have easily been that I was hypersensitive to it all.

Regardless, it was a beautiful and amazing trip. I am so glad I was able to go to Korea to experience a bit more how the rest of the world lives. Actually being in the moment, in a country you have never been in - well, you just cannot describe it. It was breath taking:




Beautiful:




And thought provoking:

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

The only thing I ever knew about Korea was what I saw on MASH and the scenery you showed in your pics was definitely not anything like that! I'm glad you had fun. Now it's on to Bali!