Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Offerings

Everywhere we looked or walked in Bali, there were offerings set out or being set out. Most were in front of stores, homes or towering over the streets. Look back at all the pictures I have posted previously, and those I am posting below, to find the different types of offerings built for the gods.

The offerings were from very simple to very elaborate. Most were made of cane, straw, or bamboo and had other trinkets sewn in or placed in the tray. It was very interesting to see the dedication the Balinese have in their faith.



s



































Tomorrow I will start posting the fun and beautiful parts of Bali. My philosophy is to work through the difficult parts first and then it can only get better. Believe me when I say Bali has great parts; there were many.

No comments: