Thursday, April 9, 2009

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday. I was thinking today about Easter and how in America it is like so many other holidays - too commercialized.

I went shopping 2 days ago, and I wanted to share all the Easter decorations I saw:



One end cap.

I know the country is not a predominately Christian country, but there are a lot of expats here - and a lot of Americans. Maybe Easter is not all about Easter egg hunts and Easter candy.

We should rethink the whole Easter holiday - and Christmas as well. It is not about candy, gifts and cute stuff. It is not about Santa or a Christmas tree. It is not about your kids. It is about Jesus; His birth, His death, His resurrection - and Him loving us enough to give His life for us.

It is not a commercial - it is our history and what the history book (the Bible) says. It is about love. And it is about God. And it is a Christian holiday. Please meditate about it, thank God for his sacrifices and enjoy it as such.

Happy Easter.

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

You know the stores I went to today looked similar to your picture. I think they just ran out of stuff though.

I hope you're having a great Easter! We miss you!!!