Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stairs in Bukit Timah

Bukit Timah has stairs. It has a ton of stairs. Not just stairss, but tons of different KINDS of stairs. We climbed more stairs this weekend than I think I have climbed my entire life! I want you to get a good feel of the stairs we climbed, so look closely ok?


There were very deep stairs - not just stairs.






There are wooden stairs:




There are tall stairs:






There were crooked stairs:






There were uneven steps and rocky stairs:






There were washed out stairs and more stairs:





There are VERY tall stairs:




There are people at the top of those stairs - see them?


There were pathways with stairs:







There were root stairs.









There were viney stairs.







There were rocky stairs.







There were tree trunk stairs.







Maybe I forgot to mention there were stairs:





There were good things about this hike - like the monkey lurkers at lunch. I giggled at being watched. Have you ever seen that picture at night with all the owls looking at you from everywhere in the pitch black? I seriously felt like that while eating lunch - only it was daytime. It was funny.


Good thing I didn't step on this little guy:





The trees were REALLY tall:






And they were really rooty - is that even a word?




The best part of all these stairs? We made it out alive :-)


I am told healthier, too, but I don't believe it yet. I am still recouperating :-(

And this is the monkey watching us humans coming off all the silly... stairs.
Next weekend we are going to climb really high too - on the Singapore flyer. I am looking forward to not as strenuous of a climb - as in letting it do it for us. Unless of course we have to climb down - remember a few weeks ago?

No comments: