Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sisters




I came across this picture just a bit ago as I was searching for pics to put on my iTouch and thought I would share a picture of my sisters. The sister on the right is Liz, 8 years younger than I am. The sister on the left is my baby sister, Shari and 10 years younger. She has a twin named Danny - guess what? He is 10 years younger than me too! ;-) Liz and Danny live in Oklahoma, Shari lives near Seattle. Since we live so far apart, we seldom get to see each other - and now that I am living in Singapore, it will even be less :-(

I went with Liz on a 'sister' vacation to Seattle in July this year. Shari lives near Seattle, and we met her there - and thoroughly enjoyed it. We toured the entire area.. I hope we can make this a tradition; every few years take a vacation together. Someday, maybe we can even ask Danny to join in. He is such a nut! I would love to have a 'sibling' vacation. Maybe we will get to that point one day. Can you imagine all of us together again for days on end while on vacation?

Today, looking at this picture, I thought about how much fun it was getting together as sibling adults now. It realize how special my family is. We don't always have to agree on everything, but we love each other. I would love to live near one another, but know it will never come to happen. Life is not like that any more - it is much more complicated these days. I hope blogging will help keep us closer and I think it has been good for us - now if we can just get Danny to join in - ha! It is nice being able to read what is going on in each others lives and families. Keeping in the loop is good for us and the blog seems to be the only way to do it. The Washington vacation was good for us as well.

Where will we go next time girls?

1 comment:

surprisetriplets said...

How about the Bahamas? Hawaii? Or maybe just somewhere fun. I had a great time on our vacation too! The kids are excited to plan another vacation together, and this time they'd like to add Raelee (you can come too, Steph!)to the mix.