Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lazy Sunday and Short Weekends



Suffice it to say, the weekends pass very quickly here. I always hate it when Steve goes back to work. We did have a great weekend though.

We tried to shop on Saturday at a new place. It was horrible. The crowds here are crazy! Have I ever said that? I think I am having readjustment issues again - ha! The smells, sounds, brazillions (thanks again Sarah) of people and constant movement are overwhelming to say the least. I hate the crowds the most.

Yesterday was better - even if Steve did have to do double time and work all day. Finally he shut his computer down and offered to call a taxi and take me to the East Coast Park hawker center for supper. I asked him if we could walk, and he tried to convince me not to. I gave him my best sweet eyes and we walked. 5.60 miles! A coupla months back he told me that the azalea park was 2-3 miles, and I thought he was nuts!

Today, we found out it is more than 5.6 miles because it is further than the hawker stand! rofl... I was whooped at the end of last night’s walk -but guess what? I SLEPT all night long! I feel so much better this morning. I must say I wished I had taken a taxi about 3/4's of the way there. *note to self, start out small and build up!

It will be an easy day today. I am going to Vivo City with Sarah and we are going to a movie, then hopefully get a pedicure. I plan on coming home and walking to the rainbow tree and getting a picture for my sister with my NEW camera. Hopefully, I will get a framer for her - her request. We shall see!

Or maybe I will just take a nap.

Now, you may wonder why am I showing a picture of a BBQ grill today. I am looking forward to the rib-eyes my hubby will grill tonight :-) The view is much different than our view under our oak tree at home in the states. There he gets to watch the big, blue, pitiful eyes of our granddaughter waiting for her 'swing motor' as he is flipping burgers or tending to whatever the request of the day has been. Today, he will just look off into the wild blue yonder and miss his blue, eyed blonde - and the reminiscing about his curly, red head son on the same swing so many years ago.

Instead we will have a quiet night looking out over the city - missin' our oak tree and kids.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awwww....we miss you too!

YAY about the walking though..that's pretty far!