Sunday, November 30, 2008

Water Falls

I think Steph finally figured out the whole camera issue - I was using filters, but didn't know the filters were my problem - hence my tremendous amount of frustration. Gosh, now that she told me to remove them, I am doing pretty darned good!

Yesterday we tried go to the botanical gardens - we were only a few steps in when I started taking pics. However, before we got too involved, I called it a day. It was so hot and humid (we were right next to the rain forest section) I told Steve I just could not handle the heat. After the heat exhaustion from 2 weeks ago and what all transpired after it, I was not going to risk my trip home to the US. We turned on our heels and left - but not before I got a couple of shots of these waterfalls. I know - not perfect, but cool. I am encouraged! I may not be hopeless after all!



Check out the different shutter speeds!


Yes I am a wimp. Can you believe *I* wimped out? We came home, played side by side on the computers, caught up on life, news and had a generally relaxing day.
 
I think Steve saved about 10,000 pics of Harley's on his computer - and at least half had girls holding them down. It is amazing those bikes are not heavy enough to sit on their own, but I guess an extra 90 lbs helps out a lot!

We will go back to the botanical gardens - maybe when it is cooler. Ha! Ok, so maybe a little less humid? It is 'winter' folks, all the rain makes steam. I get enough of that in the states. It also helps make rain forests; rain forests have no breeze.

No comments: