Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Photography Help PLEASE?

I KNOW everyone is getting sick of seeing this same scene - but now I am begging for help.

I am shooting with a Nikon D-50 and have yet to figure it out. I know I have a great camera and I am honestly trying. I am reading two books on it right now and things are beginning to come to me. My skills severely lack though. I am more of a show me person. Reading is like reading gibberish to me - I have to read, and reread for it to make sense. I WILL get the reading done, but we will probably be retired by the time to comprehension hits... lol...

I want a pristine picture 'tack sharp' of this that I can blow up to put in a frame. This is our nightly view from our balcony - and I want to remember it forever. This is the best part of our Singapore stay - other than the people of course. I want to take 'home' with me and look at later and say "That was really our view!".

So how do I get a good picture? Can someone tell me where to start?? What settings? I am using a tripod and a remote - but I know my settings are nowhere near right. I know there is no magical setting, but at least a starting point will help.

Anyone? I took these tonight - wouldn’t it be a shame if I didn't get a 'forever' picture?



1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

Seriously, those are beautiful. I cant' blow it up. Send me the originals. It's not you that isn't getting anything right.....you are doing all the right things..promise. Send me the originals and I promise to edit them tonight and throw them in with the stuff I'm ordering before christmas.