Friday, November 21, 2008

Hawaiian Luau




Steve and I went to an Hawaiian Luau last night - it was a blast! I was surprised nearly everyone there was dressed accordingly. As usual I went to an area less traveled and watched from afar. I love seeing people mingle. We were not seated away from everyone, just out of the mainstream of the busy area. I think we had a chat with most people there even. Everyone is so friendly in Singapore - we found out more little helpful hints and places to go. Each time we go, we meet new people and broaden our horizon.


It is always a welcome experience when others offer assistance and chat with us about how our adjustments are going. I think most were surprised to find out I was not hanging out in the flat waiting on Steve - and even more surprised when the locals found out we had done some things they have never even done!


We had some kind of crunchy fish as an appetizer (one taste and I was done); it actually looked like crawfish claws, but we just found them in the store - dried anchovies! No wonder I didn't like them :-P



They served traditional Singaporean food with a Hawaiian flair, it was supper yummy. There was even marshmallows to cover with melted chocolate from a fountain - so I know there are marshmallows on the island - just like Sarah said ;-) They had lots of fruit as well - my favorite thing. I was pleasantly surprised by the meal tonight.


Here is Steve dressed in his Luau attire (thanks to Tommy and Sarah). Sorry he was sticking his tongue out at me - I think it had something to do with the flowery shirt I was making him wear. You all know how much he likes those kind of shirts... lol... It did have sexy women on it - you would think that would have made a difference.

We didn't think to get a picture of me. I wish we had - it was certainly memorable experience for me; it was the first time ever my husband has said my dress was beautiful (without being coaxed) and I should have been one up on the contest stand. I was dumbstruck, as well as amazed and flattered. 31 years and it is a first. We have come a long way in 31 years.


Steve has some work to do today, I think I am off to find that turkey and the last few things for the Thanksgiving holiday. I forget we are in Singapore, not the USA where Thanksgiving is strictly an American holiday. Finding the goodies may be a challenge. Wish me luck :-)

No comments: