Friday, February 25, 2022

Sleet and Crafts


Today I felt crafty.  Last week, we found quite a few antique spools of thread in the church sewing room.  I didn't want them to sit in a box, so I bought a little shelf at Hobby Lobby and painted the little board on it blue.  I made 2 tiny quilts to hang from the back (one isn't bound) and will take it to hang it tomorrow... well, I guess in two weeks.  I think tomorrow will have too much ice on the ground.  Anyhoo, here is my little shelf with some of my antique spools.  
The ones at church are the small spools.  Hopefully I will finish the other quilt tomorrow.


Then I painted a canvas yellow, then a blob of blue, then dots and I grabbed a pretty napkin I had picked up and modge podged it to the canvas.  Gonna make a few more and hopefully sell at a country store for OHCE to earn money to host next years District Meeting.  I hope they sell...



The reason I felt so crafty?  About 2" of sleet, then an inch or so of snow.  


Have I said I feel like we live in a park?  I love this place.


Tomorrow I will be crafty again if they cancel the sewing group, which I think they will.  I am enjoying crafting.  I am finding myself more and more each day.  
Maybe that concussion found me.  

Later gator.


 

No comments: